Whitewater Rafting in CaliforniaGoogle+
This site is intended as a resource for whitewater recreation in California. The information is designed to benefit rafting enthusiasts and private rafters. Our site has information about California outfitters and also resources for rafting businesses. Our goal is to provide river information, stories, discussion, gear, flows, and other resources specifically for California whitewater rafting.
The Must-Do Rivers in California
1. South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has lots of Class III+ rapids, a long rafting season, and is relatively safe. Spring, Summer and Fall.
2. North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class 4+ trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. Middle Fork of the American: Middle Fork American is another popular river of the American River. Located just outside of Auburn, California, Middle Fork American features the legendary Class 4+ rapid called "Tunnel Chute." A perfect class 4 river for the paddling enthusiast! Duration from spring to fall.
4. Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river takes advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
5. Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
6. Kings River is located south of central California. This is one of the few rivers in California in which you can experience a Class III river and big water in the spring.
7. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.
California Rafting News
Is there a cooler Holiday gift then a River Trip? We are not sure, but a river trip is pretty cool! And it is a very unique gift for the adventurous, for those that like to take vacations, and for tho... (Nov 18)
Momentum ?American Wilderness Tee? Celebrate 50 Years of American Wilderness with us! The American Wilderness Act is one of the most unique laws in the world because of the siz... (Oct 6)
To everyone who joined us in 2014 ? Thank You! Every year around this time I sit down and go through all the photos, ?thank you?s?, and testimonials from the season. As I sort through the em... (Oct 6)
4th of July 2014 with W.E.T. River Trips Monday, before the 4th of July, is usually full of chaos at the office. All last minute plans go into effect as everyone tries desperately to make a h... (Jun 30)
Talk About the Weather! Holy smokes! We just had the hottest weather evah! 106 degrees in Sacramento and everyone in the valley just melted into oblivion; enjoying the heat a... (Jun 12)
Tales from the Crypt ~ California Rafting South Fork American River ~ Surfing the Chili Bar Hole Our California rafting trips are in full swing. On Saturday, we had various lively groups on ... (Jun 4)
Memorial Day Weekend In just a few more days, California will be celebrating Memorial Day weekend. Weather has been beautiful, cool and inviting for those of us who love t... (May 21)
Donate To Rogue Riverkeeper And Get 25% Off A Rogue Trip This Spring! Support Your Local Natural Wonder And Enjoy An Amazing Spring Adventure The Rogue is a Charter Member of the National Wild and Scenic River Sys... (Apr 21)
Spring High Adventure Trips ? 2015 Since Momentum began we have been known for running difficult, unique, and off the beaten path rivers – these trips are our roots and we love th... (Apr 5)
South Fork American Spring Rafting Trip Flowers are blooming. Trees have their leaves. And, it's raining... and it's cold! Snow is falling again in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Rain is hitt... (Apr 1)
Bachelor Groups and Whitewater Rafting Rain has started again, and we are thrilled! This past Saturday, we had a great group of guys celebrating their friend's impending wedding. Bachelor g... (Mar 27)
Spring Rafting Trips and Diablo Shuttles Spring rafting has started with hundreds of people flocking to their computers, iphones, ipads and android devices all texting, calling, messaging, an... (Mar 24)
ART = LIFE Art is a funny thing. If it arouses emotions then the art was successful. If not, then maybe not so successful. "ART = LIFE" means different thing... (Mar 24)
SPRING has SPRUNG! We got Whitewater, too! Come check it out! California spring! Daffodils and Redbuds! (Mar 11)
Spring Break, You'll Need It! It's time for spring break and all I want to do is sit on this couch and watch Hulu. Finals will be brutal and working and going to school is not much... (Mar 7)
Disclaimer: River descriptions and classifications may change due to natural events that may create new hazards or flows. C-W-R advises that any paddler that uses this site be additionally informed by seeking out local news and updates for changes on this river.
Site Map | Contact | Advertising | California Whitewater Rafting
© 2014 C-W-R.com
PO Box 160024
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: California Whitewater Rafting