Whitewater Rafting in CaliforniaGoogle+
This site is intended as a resource for whitewater recreation in California. The information is designed to benefit rafting enthusiasts and private rafters. Our site has information about California outfitters and also resources for rafting businesses. Our goal is to provide river information, stories, discussion, gear, flows, and other resources specifically for California whitewater rafting.
The Must-Do Rivers in California
1. South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has lots of Class III+ rapids, a long rafting season, and is relatively safe. Spring, Summer and Fall.
2. North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class 4+ trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. Middle Fork of the American: Middle Fork American is another popular river of the American River. Located just outside of Auburn, California, Middle Fork American features the legendary Class 4+ rapid called "Tunnel Chute." A perfect class 4 river for the paddling enthusiast! Duration from spring to fall.
4. Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river takes advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
5. Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
6. Kings River is located south of central California. This is one of the few rivers in California in which you can experience a Class III river and big water in the spring.
7. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.
California Rafting News
To All Who Joined us in 2017 ? Thank You! Every year around this time I sit down and go through all the photos and testimonials from the season. As I sort through the emails and the photos it ... (Oct 31)
Guest Story: Dear Rogue River Trail Runners, Below are a few notes from our adventure. Our incredible trail run and outdoor experience began at the Galice R... (Oct 27)
September on the Wild and Scenic Rogue Great water, bears, warm days and cool nights, a slower pace… We have some new last minute openings in September. Join us on one of the Wests gr... (Aug 8)
Momentum Is Hiring A Full Time Office And Sales Manager Night and day the river flows. If time is the mind of space, the River is the soul of the desert. Brave boatmen come, they go, they die, thevoy... (Aug 1)
High Adventure Memorial Day Trips Get away from the crowds, unplug, and join us on a high adventure trip this Memorial Day Weekend. With the huge snowpack we have 4 options ranging fro... (Apr 21)
Momentum Voted Best Rafting Company Thank you Southern Oregon for voting Momentum River Expeditions as the Best Rafting Company in the Southern Oregon Magazine?s 2017 Reader?s Choice Awa... (Apr 13)
The Year to Raft the California Salmon The snow is piling high in the Class V Wild and Scenic California Salmon River watershed and we are getting very excited for the best ?Cal Salmon? sea... (Mar 2)
Give a Life Experience Give an experience not a thing and get someone outside! It?s a unique gift for the adventurous, for those that like to take vacations, and for those ... (Nov 23)
Rogue Trail + Ryan Ghelfi + Nike Wildhorse Trail Shoes Join Nike Trail?s Ryan Ghelfi on one of the two Rogue River Trail Running Trips he hosts and get a pair of Nike Wildhorse Trail Shoes and a Trail Mug!... (Nov 16)
The 2017 Rogue River Trail Running Schedule Join Patagonia’s Jenn Shelton, The North Face’s Hal Koerner, and Nike’s Ryan Ghelfi for a 3-day raft-supported Trail Running Trip al... (Nov 14)
MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN RIVER ~ Final Schedule 2015 MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN SCHEDULE for 2015 Update September 4, 2015 W.E.T. Guests are the Best! SEPT: Labor Day weekend; sat, sun,... (Sep 4)
Middle Fork American River Trip Dates 2015 MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN UPDATE via CA State Parks Here are the rest of this season's Middle Fork American trip dates: UPDATES (see ... (Sep 4)
MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN RIVER - FERC Middle Fork American is a river near Auburn just northeast of Sacramento, California. One of the prettiest rivers in our whitewater arsenal, we expect... (Aug 11)
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2015 Oh, California, you are still most beautiful. With skies so blue, we linger while sipping our coffee or tea and looking out our watery eyes on the qui... (May 20)
4th of July 2014 with W.E.T. River Trips Monday, before the 4th of July, is usually full of chaos at the office. All last minute plans go into effect as everyone tries desperately to make a h... (Jun 30)
Disclaimer: River descriptions and classifications may change due to natural events that may create new hazards or flows. C-W-R advises that any paddler that uses this site be additionally informed by seeking out local news and updates for changes on this river.
Site Map | Contact | Advertising | California Whitewater Rafting
© 2014 C-W-R.com
PO Box 160024
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: California Whitewater Rafting